|Squeeze thought of this pun, actually|
I was looking at some of the search terms Alexa says people use to wander over here and some of them were quite amusing:
1. Retro song you can call me crazy: You can call me crazy but I have no idea what this one is about. I do write about retro songs sometimes, though. That’s true.
|Elsie does retro karaoke, ca 1949|
2. Magic fruit opera: My favorite search term. It just has a fun ring to it, doesn’t it? I envision a really big mango belting out Cosi fan tutti-frutti (pun is not original, I wish it was). Maybe The Magic Flute is the idea here? But I have never mentioned any operas. I try not to, if I can help it. Borden’s Magic Fruit Cake is closer to the mark, I think. And perhaps Elsie the Cow (the old 50s Borden’s mascot, whose cartoon ads I keep meaning to write about) would sing about Magic Fruit Cake. Yes, yes she would.
3. ring-ding blogspot: Never wrote about Ring Dings either. Until now! Not to be confused with the Hostess Ding Dong, a similarly round chocolate cake filled with – white, um, filling. Or it might refer to this post.
4. Giant plastic dixie cups: Oh, this is about The Dixie Cup Horror post, I guess. Only the cups were very small. They do loom large in the ad, though.
5. Pelicon [sic] costume: I think this one has to do with the Maidenform ad. But it made me think of Halloween, too. Is there such a thing as a pelican costume? Wait a sec, let me go look. Oh my stars, there is. Um, OK. But does the pelican dream he was wearing a Maidenform? (Let’s hope not.)
6. Fishflakes cocain [sic] making: No idea about this, because I haven’t written about fishflakes. Or cocaine. Or how to make cocaine out of fishflakes.
7. Eat plain frosting: How plain is this frosting that we’re going to eat? Plain as in vanilla, or plain as in there is no cake attached to it? Either way, this is a much better idea than fishflakes cocaine.