What on earth is going on here?
Julia says: Jed, are you going to let what Mavis said stand in our way?
And Jed replies: Yes, Julia, it’s true isn’t it?
You see, Jed is Green. And Julia is Yellow – her hair, her clothes and her face. But Mavis – wicked, wicked Mavis – is Blue.
And Blue plus Yellow make – Green, right? So…that means….I don’t know what it means. It was an extraordinarily busy day yesterday (not Thanksgiving-wise, since I’m in Canada – but we were busy anyway, just not with turkey et al) and I was going to do some Friday Fill-Ins here but I couldn’t think of a thing. They were like Zen koans. What do I want to do on Sunday? What is shadowy and ominous?
Well, Mavis, of course. Shadowy and ominous – and Blue. Wait! I know. I will do the Friday Fill-Ins with this cover as a theme (this only just occurred to me). Stay right there! The filled-in bit is the bold type, the regular type is the original question. I bet you knew that though.
1. Wait! Wait, don’t forget to take your hand out of your pocket, Jed.
2. Julia knows that her plea will be followed at once by an evil cackle from Mavis.
3. The trouble is that he’s torn between two primary colors.
4. And Jed wishes that he was many miles away.
5. With a faint pop Mavis’ Munster wig will soon come off, if Julia has anything to say about it.
6. Mavis enjoys being shadowy and ominous.
[This last one seems to be couched in the first person so I will just do that as me. We'll leave Jed, Julia and Mavis to sort themselves out this weekend, though my hopes aren't high...]
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to sitting down and reading a book for once , tomorrow my plans include shopping and going to a concert and Sunday, I want to not do laundry but this seems unlikely.