This girl looks far too put-together to illustrate what it means to be worn to the proverbial frazzle. Her hair is brushed, for one thing. And she’s wearing makeup and the mascara is not raccooned all around her eyes.
Leaning on one hand and pouting a little is all very well, but it is not what I think of when I hear the word frazzled. You know how they play music to get models in a perky mood for photo shoots? Well, this is what needs to happen before this photo shoot:
1. Start cooking a five course meal which involves lots of chopping, measuring, stirring and general fussing. At least three of the courses need to be cooked at the same time, both on the stove and in the oven.
2. The phone will ring at least once every ten minutes. It is not a cordless phone because this is 1966.
3. A few small children will be hired to come into the kitchen at regular intervals. They will complain of hunger, thirst, boredom, and that someone is being mean to them. And that someone has spilled grape soda on the couch.
4. The TV in the next room will be on and audible. A series of obnoxious cartoons and tiresome variety shows will be on, with irritating, metallic laugh tracks. Get one of the children to keep turning the volume up.
5. A few cats will rush around the house very fast and knock over their water dish a few times. Then they will manage to get onto the kitchen table and start eating the main course.
6. Oh, and also there will be at least one key ingredient that she needs but is not in the house.
7. And finally, some unexpected company will start ringing the doorbell and calling out things along the lines of “Yoo hoo! It’s us!” (Perhaps they are in search of some Jell-O).
8. Smoke begins to curl out of the stove and a pot boils over. The phone rings. The doorbell rings. Children begin to fight over the last of the grape soda. Loudly. And Soupy Sales, on TV, is instructing the children about how to send him Mommy’s grocery money.
Now you can take the picture. And give that woman a dose of Chase’s Nerve Food: it’s what’s for dinner!